Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Media Porfolio #9

This news story is about a school where whites pick on blacks and make obscene gestures everywhere. Northwest
High School is a place where whites and blacks interact togeher. Whites have the thought in their minds that they are above blacks and feel the need to let them know they are above them. Like the Geny 6 story, this is a problem with people of my age and I feel bad when hearing this.

I can relate this video to the Wright when he talks about the Jim Crow laws and different types of slavery that existed throughout the south. It is so weird how different lifestyles are from North to the South. I went to a high school that had a decent amount of black kids. I rarely saw anything racist and never to the extent that is in the video. With the drawings of the hangings relates to exactly what Wright said how it was living with nooses and people being hung everyday as if it is no big deal. I could never imagine times like that in the 21 century.

I thought this news story was extremly hard to watch and honestly for me it was extreamly hard to believe. I obviously do believe things like that happen because they have proof but I just cant comprehend it. I just wonder will a story like this ever be in the news from somewhere in the north, I highly doubt it.

No comments: