In this media presentation I have decided to present the movie "Crash". Crash is a great presentation of how different races look at racisim in different ways. Crash is a movie made in 2005 and is about five different people of different races that all crash together. In this clip there are various actors that show racism. Sandra Bolick is the actor in this scene that I am going to relate to because she irriterates what Johnson says in Chapter 8. When she says that she just had a gun pointed in her face by two black men and she knew if it was going to happen. She goes on to say but, it she would have walked away from the two men then she would be looked as a racist person.
Be her saying these things she is iriterrating the thought of I'm one of the good ones. By her saying I did not want to walk away from the two black she is saying that she is one of the good ones that does not judge a ceratin race until they stick a gun in her face. It would be evry hard for someone who was not racist to get held up by a gun and not become racist. Blacks want to be treated as individuals and not be classified and judge by their social group. But, when being judge by their social group brings them benefits they would rather be classifed in that social group. In this situation blacks would rather be classifed as individuals instead of being judged as a black member. Bolick will now prejudge blacks based on this situation, and to tell you the truth I can not blame her.
I have never had any experiences like this before so I would not know how to handle it. I have never prejudged blacks and I always try to look at people as individuals. If I did get hung up with a gun by blacks it would be extreamly hard to look at that race the same way. Even though I know all blacks are not gang bangers, it would scare me to the point where I would have no other choice than to do so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment